Happy Smiles for Kids
At Happy Smiles for Kids we aim to provide the best possible complete dental care for children in a caring environment. Our specialists, Dr Evelyn Yeung and Dr Linda Huang believe in making your child’s dental experience positive and successful.
As specialist paediatric dentists, Dr Evelyn Yeung and Dr Linda Huang have had specialist training and years of clinical practice to optimise care for patients ranging from infants all the way through to adolescents. At our clinic we provide a range of services from consultations to treatment with sedation in the chair. Additionally, we can treat patients through Chesterville Day Hospital and Frankston Private Hospital. Our clinic, located in Beaumaris, Victoria, in a modern set up which is well equipped to provide an inviting, comfortable and friendly environment for children.
Dr Evelyn Yeung has special interests in working with children with Autism Spectrum disorders, children with special needs, behaviour management, soft tissue laser procedures, dental anomalies and dental trauma. She is certified as a handler for Mr Miso, who is our visiting certified therapy dog. Mr Miso helps to assist children in the dental environment.
During her specialist training, Dr Linda Huang developed interests in treating children with special needs, behaviour management, management of dental trauma and dental anomalies.
*Days and hours may vary depending on when we are working at the hospital
Update 21 October 2021:
With the end of Melbourne's lockdown #6, we are able to resume routine dental care from Friday 22 October 2021. We have already started to contact clients who have been cancelled as a result of restrictions, and will endevour to see every one as soon as we can.
Understandably, it will take time to be able to reschedule so many appointments and we are doing our best to see everyone.
With our current COVID-19 safe plan, we will continue to follow precautionary measures to ensure the safety for all those attending the clinic and our staff.
Thank you for your understanding in these challenging time.
Dr Evelyn Yeung
COVID-19 pre-appointment screening will be undertaken for all staff, patients and visitors visiting the clinic: -
1. Has the patient or attending parent/guardian had a cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, rash and/or gastro?
If we observe any of these signs at the clinic, we reserve the right to NOT SEE YOU
2. Have you attended an exposure site, or been advised to be in isolation?
3. Are you a close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19?
4. Are you waiting on COVID-19 swab results?
As a result of the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we recommend that any families who may be experiencing symptoms and have questions contact the
Public Information Hotline: 1800 675 398
Thank you for your understanding
What are we doing to prevent possible spread and transmission of COVID-19?
- Enforcing that visitors hand rub (with 70% v/v ethanol containing products), or hand wash correctly (according to the recommended guidelines)
- Masks MUST be worn by all (aged 12 and above) attending the clinic (unless legally exempted)
- Where possible, the patient rinses with an anti-bacterial mouth rinse prior to commencing their appointment
- Checking temperatures
- Enforcing QR code check-in
- We encourage social distancing (1.5metres)
- Removal of toys and reading material in common areas
- Use of disposable materials and equipment (where possible)
- Maintaining current infection control protocols and standards- with thorough cleaning of surfaces using hospital grade detergents regularly throughout the day i.e. door handles, bench tops, chairs etc.
- Policy in place that any one who coughs or has other symptoms of illness at the practice- will NOT be seen
- Staff maintaining high levels of hygiene and infection control measures i.e. use of approved barriers (gloves, masks, face shields, caps, gowns and shoe covers) when in close proximity for periods of time
- Payment by cash is not currently accepted. We have recommended payment by credit/debit cards or electronic fund transfers
- Have an current COVID safe plan in action
- Allocating time between appointments to minimise the potential for multiple families waiting in common areas
- Hospital grade filter units in use throughout the practice
What to do if my child is unwell for their appointment?
As per Happy Smiles For Kids protocol, we ask that anyone who is unwell i.e. has a cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, rash and/or signs of gastro. - to reschedule their appointment.