On the 8th of May, the Australian Dental Association annouced that the National Cabinet approved a move to 'step-back' to Level 1 restrictions for dentistry.
"While the move represents a significant step toward normality, it does not yet mean dentistry is back to business as usual.
Level 1 means that dental professionals must continue to screen patients and only treat those who do not meet the epidemiological and clinical risk factors for COVID-19. It is critical that the profession remains vigilant in its application of Level 1 restrictions and ensure the safety of dental teams and patients alike."
We will be contacting patients in the following weeks to reschedule routine recall, prophylaxis and low risk treatment appointments. Treatment under nitrous oxide sedation will not be resume at this stage due to concerns about high-risk transmission relating to the equipment required.
Patients with planned treatment under general anaesthesia are being contacted to reschedule their appointments.
Thank you for your understanding in these challenging time.
Dr Evelyn Yeung
As a result of the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we are asking all staff, patients and visitors to delay their visit to our practice if: -
1. Anyone who is sick – with a
cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, rash and/or gastro
If we observe any of these signs at the clinic, we reserve the right to
NOT SEE YOU
2. You have returned from overseas within the last 14 days
3. You have had contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
As a result of the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we recommend that any families who may be experiencing symptoms and have questions contact the
Public Information Hotline: 1800 675 398
Thank you for your understanding
What are we doing to prevent possible spread and transmission of COVID-19?
- Enforcing that visitors hand rub (with 70% v/v ethanol containing products), or hand wash correctly (according to the recommended guidelines)
- Where possible, the patient rinses with an anti-bacterial mouth rinse prior to commencing their appointment
- We encourage social distancing (1.5metres)
- Removal of toys and reading material in common areas
- Use of disposable materials and equipment (where possible)
- Maintaining current infection control protocols and standards- with thorough cleaning of surfaces using clinical grade detergents regularly throughout the day i.e. door handles, bench tops, chairs etc.
- Policy in place that any one who coughs or has other symptoms of illness at the practice- will NOT be seen
- Staff maintaining high levels of hygiene and infection control measures i.e. use of approved barriers (gloves, masks) when in close proximity for periods of time
- Payment by cash is not currently accepted. We have recommended payment by credit/debit cards or electronic fund transfers
What to do if my child is unwell for their appointment?
As per Happy Smiles For kids protocol, we ask that anyone who is sick i.e. has a cough, fever, runny nose, sore throat, rash and/or signs of gastro. - to reschedule their appointment.
Happy Smiles for Kids
At Happy Smiles for Kids we aim to provide the best possible complete dental care for children in a caring environment. Our specialists, Dr Evelyn Yeung and Dr Linda Huang believe in making your child’s dental experience positive and successful.
As specialist paediatric dentists, Dr Evelyn Yeung and Dr Linda Huang have had specialist training and years of clinical practice to optimise care for patients ranging from infants all the way through to adolescents. At our clinic we provide a range of services from consultations to treatment with sedation in the chair. Additionally, we can treat patients through Chesterville Day Hospital. Our clinic, located in Beaumaris, Victoria, is a modern set up which is well equipped to provide an inviting, comfortable and friendly environment for children.
Dr Evelyn Yeung has special interests in working with children with Autism Spectrum disorders, children with special needs, behaviour management, soft tissue laser procedures, dental anomalies and dental trauma. She is certified as a handler for Mr Miso, who is our visiting certified therapy dog. Mr Miso helps to assist children in the dental environment.
During her specialist training, Dr Linda Huang developed interests in treating children with special needs, behaviour management, management of dental trauma and dental anomalies.
Due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, our regular working hours have been altered.*
*Days and hours may vary depending on when we are working at the hospital